FOG 1.5.6 Officially Released

• @Matthieu-Jacquart Do you have an account named “fogproject”?

We moved to using fogproject as opposed to fog for the system account as too many times people use ‘fog’ as their account name when they create their fog server.

• Hi,

Each time I tried to reinstall Fog since 1.5.6, I’ve got this error message and I had to delete user “fogproject”, is this normal behavior ?

* Setting up fogproject user................................../var/log/lastlog: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
    Already exists

The account "fogproject" already exists and has been used to
    logon and work on this machine. We highly recommend you NOT
    use this account for your work as it is supposed to be a
    system account!

Please remove the account "fogproject" manually before running
    the installer again. Run: userdel fogproject

• @Sebastian-Roth

That worked. Still needed to set the force ssl flag though. SSL should probably be the default given the AD credentials that get entered into the site for a lot of users.

@astrugatch said in FOG 1.5.6 Officially Released:

Does this only happen on first install? I did an upgrade from 1.5.5 and didn’t see this question.

You are absolutely right. Seems like I have missed this important case altogether, arggghhhh!

The easiest route for you is editing /opt/fog/.fogsettings now. After running the 1.5.6 installer once you should have an “empty” hostname setting in there: hostname='' -> Just change the hostname to whatever you want it to be and re-run the installer.

Pushed a fix to dev-branch. Hope this is appropriate for the next releases.

Edit: More fixes pushed after testing this.

• @Sebastian-Roth

Does this only happen on first install? I did an upgrade from 1.5.5 and didn’t see this question.

Well done boys! I’ll be sure to give my server a good ol’ update soon!

@astrugatch said in FOG 1.5.6 Officially Released:

Add hostname for SSL certificate generation.
    For this feature does it just read the host file on the machine or can I set this with a flag during install? I don’t currently have the FQDN in my host file, I just access it via our DNS server.

The installer grabs the name from the system and then asks if you are happy with that or want to manually change it.

• This is really great, way to go FOG team!

• Add hostname for SSL certificate generation.

For this feature does it just read the host file on the machine or can I set this with a flag during install? I don’t currently have the FQDN in my host file, I just access it via our DNS server.

Users

Topics