Enabling DHCP service after FOG installation

• Is there any way to install/enable the DHCP service after doing an installation? I previously had it set up on an isolated network with a small Linksys WRT54G but now need to move it to a switch so I can do larger volumes. I don’t think 4 ports at a time is going to cut it :\

Has anyone had to do this? I’m a linux noob so please be patient. I’ve done some searching on the forums but couldn’t come up with anything besides this:
    [url]http://fogproject.org/forum/threads/enabling-dhcp-in-fog.739/[/url]

Not sure if it’s what I want though.

Thanks!

• Thanks guys, I’ll give this a shot now.

OK, It’s installed, but for some reason I can’t get it to issue the IP addresses. Is there anything I should be checking for besides the .conf files?

• For Debian-based systems (eg. Ubuntu): [CODE]sudo apt-get install isc-dhcp-server[/CODE]
    For RedHat-based systems (eg. CentOS): [CODE]sudo yum install dhcp[/CODE]
    And then configure PXE with the DHCP.conf file. You can always google for something like “<distribution> <version> dhcp server pxe” or similar.

you need to get the dhcpd installed. depending on your OS version. Once you get it installed, you just configure it via the dhcpd.conf file.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.