UNSOLVED Add hosts to group via different inventory attributes
is there a possibility to add hosts to a group using e.g. a part of the System Product model number from the inventory fields?
Let’s say for example that I have Debian 9 installed and a bug with USB-3 and the 4.9 Linux kernel has been discovered and now I have to upgrade only specific PCs/ or notebook models with USB-3 to the 4.19 Linux backports kernel.
- capture a new image
- create a new group for the PCs/notebooks that need the USB-3 update
- add PCs/notebooks based on their model to the group
- set a task to deploy the new image to this group
How and where could I do this in FOG?
You can do it XD
First you must to know the name of the System product want to deploy.
- Go to reports -> Inventory Reports
- If you have the lastest dev-branch version, you can filter by System Product. If you don’t have this last version, in the report will appears all the hosts
- Copy the System Product string that you want to deploy
- Go to Host menu
- And paste the string in the search box
- Create a new group with the results