DHCP and FOG

• Hi,
    I recently created a thread about DHCP and FOG in the same server machine. My general discussion thread has been great. Although, now I have an issue. I have been requested to set up FOG and DHCP services in the same box with the following specs:
    Dell PowerEdge R710
    Ubuntu 16.04 Server

ALSO, I need to host my FOG server on the address 10.10.2.65 and hand out addresses with DHCP on my 10.10.222.x network. (the reason I point this out is because I feel this has something to do with my issue.)

I have gotten everything set up. Meaning that I have FOG installed and DHCP services are running.

My network interfaces are shown below:
    network interfaces.png

My dhcpd.conf file is shown below:
    dhcpd.conf.png

The output of “sudo systemctl status isc-dhcp-server” is shown below:
    dhcp status.png

And lastly, my issue. So as you can see, DHCP services are running. When I pxe boot a client, the client pulls and IP from the 10.10.222.x network. Perfect. BUT the client cannot find the pxe file to load into the FOG splash screen.

The client’s output is shown below:
    20190403_123008 (2).jpg

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    -Thanks

• @Sebastian-Roth Thank you for your advice. What you said seemed to be my issue. All I did was uncomment option routers and replace the IP with my DHCP server IP. I can get into the FOG splash screen now. Thanks!

• @Sebastian-Roth I will uncomment the option routers and see what I can do. Thank you guys for the help. I will post my solution when I find it.

• @george1421 The IP of my server has remained the same before and after installation

• Developer

@cary1102 As mentioned in the other thread you need to push the option routers x.x.x.x to your clients or they won’t be able to reach the server that is in a different subnet. It’s as simple as that!

You seem to have already added the option but commented it again. Why? Don’t you have a router/gateway that can forward the traffic between those two subnets?

Everything looks good even until the last screen shot. iPXE is loading so we know its getting past your dhcp server settings. So we can almost rule out any configuration settings you made to isc-dhcp server.

Your next server in your dhcp server setting is pointing to 10.10.2.65, which is also where iPXE is trying to load the FOG iPXE menu (kick started by default.ipxe). I assume that file is present in /tftpboot and if you view that file from the linux console it also has 10.10.2.65 hard coded into the file? The only way this would get changed/be incorrect is if you changed the IP address of the fog server after FOG was installed.

Users

Topics