Dell Service Tag

• I recently discovered FOG and love the idea of it. Since the company i work for is beyond cheap when it comes to IT support. I have to rely heavily on Open Source Software. After a few bumps i have successfully deployed my first image. However upon doing so i ran into another issue.

I am working with Dell PC’s, specifically Vostro 200’s. When i deployed the image it seems something happened and the dell website can no longer detect the Service Tag #. This is not a critical issue, but I would like to know what i did wrong.

The Uploaded system was setup and then installed the OS, software, and updates; then ran windows vista sysprep, Out-of-the-box experience /Generalized.

• I believe the part you need on your image is OMCI, which allows WMI access to Dell BIOS level functions.

[CODE]http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=biz&c=us&l=en&cs=555&k=OMCI&cat=sup[/CODE]

• I tried on all my dells and the website picks up on them but I have the Dell software installed that relates the info from the bios to the machine. you may be missing that small part.

• I guess this has nothing to do with FOG, could be error in the dell software

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.