FOG 1.5.4 crashes when deploying image to clients using group deploy.
Fog 1.5.4 crashes server when using a group deploy. Running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Happens every time. This was a clean installation of FOG. We have labs with 25 clients and this was never an issue with version 1.4.4.
I tried editing the file and rebooted the server. Fog services no longer started. I will try to wait for the new version of Fog and only image 5 clients at a time…
Lets assume is the issue we’ve found after FOG 1.5.4 has been released.
- Change to the /etc directory from the fog server linux command prompt.
- Search for www.conf file. It can be in a number of locations depending on what version of php is installed. Use this command.
find /etc -name www.conf(hopefully you will only find one)
- Edit that file file and ensure these settings are accurate. Don’t just add them since all should be there except
php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 256Myou will need to add that entry.
php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 256M pm.max_requests = 2000 pm.max_children = 35 pm.min_spare_servers = 5 pm.start_servers = 5
- Save and exit your text editor.
- Reboot the fog server.
- See if that fixes what is wrong. You really should only see this strangeness under heavy load, but I guess it might show up sooner under certain conditions.
Also we found there is something strange going on in the linux kernels after 4.15.2, I’m going to recommend that you downgrade your FOG/FOS kernel to 4.15.2. The issue with later kernels is that its taking 3-5 minutes to create the disk structure under certain circumstances, where with 4.15.2 and older its only seconds to create the structure.