Using Fog to deploy images with PXE but without a Task or Web Management

• Hi folks,

i have a question about the deploment of Win7 with PXE boot.
    Is it possible to deploy the image with the PXE boot Menu, like the memtest or the manual iso files like a boot CD.

The feature of deployment with tasks is ja nice feature but i need to deploy images to new Computer. In this case, the management web gui is to complicated and is waste to much time, to set up a new PC.

Thanks a lot if you read this bad in english translated text ;).

• In short: Yes, you can do this for creating the image, but no its not exactly as you have imagined.
    and No, you can not use this method to deploy images to a host.
    Details: There is an option from the PXE menu that will allow you to do a quick image. But, that is relying on you to have previously created an image and a host.

If you are intimidated by the web UI, don’t be. It may take a short while to familiarize yourself with the options, but once you understand how to A: create an image and B: Create a host; it is really the best way.

Personally, I do not auto register my hosts… I manually enter the hostname and image type in the WebUI, then set the task to do all of the rest. Then, once I reboot the host, the imaging begins automatically.

Everyone here is here to help, so do not hesitate to ask for assistance.
    (and check out some video tutorials)

capone

or full host registration and inventory, which gives the option to image the machine after you tell it a few pieces of information.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.