Unable to "Perform Full Host Registration and Inventory".
I hope you guys can help my. I am new to this FOG concept.
I configured the FOG server the same way as in all the Videos and readings on the net. The server is up and running, but I have an issue Imaging my DELL Laptops. The FOG server is not setup as a DHCP server or to supply DHCP, I have a Windows server as DHCP server. The only option 067 that works is the undionly.kkpxe and not the undionly.kpxe, stated by all the wiki docs.
I followed all the steps, but is a bit confused with the process because on the FOG Wiki it tells me that the server will perform all the registrations:
(installing services on the HOST and so on…)
- I booted the Laptop (DELL Latitude 5480) into the NIC, receives an DHCP address and reaches the FOG menu (undionly.kkpxe).
- I select the “Perform Full Host Registration and Inventory” option but runs into a problem after the selection.
Command screen -, the logging starts but an error displays (Populating /dev using udev: udevd: error creating epoll fd: function not implemented). Then it initialize random number generator…done, and then states that it is waiting for the link to come up.
- After failing to discover for 3 x times with a last message (no lease, failing) it displays (Either DHCP failed or we were unable to access http://<FOG server>/fog//index.php for connection testing.
- This process runs also 3 x times and then stops.
- It then wants to reboot and the process starts over.
Please help. Thanks in advance.
@dawidh From your description so far I don’t think this is an issue with iPXE or the DELL laptops in particular. I reckon the switch you are using is not configured to work nicely. As a quick test grab a dumb mini switch and hook it between the laptop and you other switch. Give it a try again and see if you still have the same issue.
Try using a different bootfile such as ipxe.kpxe