Multicasting issues

• Hello everyone,

I have a blue screen with a message " please wait" while trying to deploy an image to my 2 PCs using multicasting method

My O.S is: Ubuntu 10.04.1 Server LTS
    FOG 0.32

Please tell me what to do ?

Any suggestions or simutions are welcome

Thank you very much

Fog lover

• [quote=“Raff, post: 11706, member: 298”]Make sure the only computers that are in the Multicast group are the 2 computers you wish to deploy too. If there are additional computers in the group, they will sit at the please wait screen for a while until all computers are switch on or the timeout is reached.[/quote]

It was that Raff!

The Mac address was declared twice, so the fog server was wainting for the second host with the same Mac address.

Thank you!

• [quote=“Raff, post: 11706, member: 298”]Make sure the only computers that are in the Multicast group are the 2 computers you wish to deploy too. If there are additional computers in the group, they will sit at the please wait screen for a while until all computers are switch on or the timeout is reached.[/quote]

Thank’s for your answer, i will try it tomorrow and i come back :)

• Make sure the only computers that are in the Multicast group are the 2 computers you wish to deploy too. If there are additional computers in the group, they will sit at the please wait screen for a while until all computers are switch on or the timeout is reached.

• Hello every body,

Before I continue, I must explain then i’m french, so I’m sorry for the fault. I speak english like a cow!

I choose fog because for my school, i must give a project for my undergraduate degree

So,I’ve got the same problem. When I want to deploy with multicasting, I have a blue screen with the message, “please wait”.

Exactly, i’m trying to deploy 2 machines with multicast process

My configuration:

Every machines are virtual box machines on the same computer.

Server: virtual box, ubuntu 12.04 LTS with fog 0.32 with bridge network
    Customer: virtual box, bridge network

Anybody have a idea?

• the O.S is Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS Server 64 bits
    Fog 0.32

• Sorry I forgot something

I also have an USB external HDD 300Go in which I would like to store all the images create by Fog

All unicast and multicast use that HDD to clone the image to client’s computers

Thank you

• Hello chad-bisd
    I have a basic PC on which I installed and setup Fog Server

Pentium 4
    RAM 1Go
    HDD 80Go
    Network :
    Fog installation is very basic
    Fog installation = Normal
    DHCP Server = Using FOG DHCP by default
    All the clients get thier IP from Fog DHCP Server

I can unicast (upload or deploy to a single machine), when using Multicast method, I have a blue screen with ''Please Wait" message and nothing happens

Please, any suggestion or solutions are welcome

Do I need to change the fog user , storage groups and storage nodes ? Or just leave them by default ?

If I change it, do I need to change user name and password as well in

/opt/fog/service/etc/config.php
    /var/www/fog/commons/config.php

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a solution

Thank you

Please provide info on your network setup you are using for this operation?

Users

Topics