Multicasting issues

• Hello everyone,

I have a blue screen with a message " please wait" while trying to deploy an image to my 2 PCs using multicasting method

My O.S is: Ubuntu 10.04.1 Server LTS
    FOG 0.32

Please tell me what to do ?

Any suggestions or simutions are welcome

Thank you very much

Fog lover

• @Raff, post: 11706, member: 298 said:

Make sure the only computers that are in the Multicast group are the 2 computers you wish to deploy too. If there are additional computers in the group, they will sit at the please wait screen for a while until all computers are switch on or the timeout is reached.

It was that Raff!

The Mac address was declared twice, so the fog server was wainting for the second host with the same Mac address.

Thank you!

• @Raff, post: 11706, member: 298 said:

Make sure the only computers that are in the Multicast group are the 2 computers you wish to deploy too. If there are additional computers in the group, they will sit at the please wait screen for a while until all computers are switch on or the timeout is reached.

Thank’s for your answer, i will try it tomorrow and i come back :)

• Make sure the only computers that are in the Multicast group are the 2 computers you wish to deploy too. If there are additional computers in the group, they will sit at the please wait screen for a while until all computers are switch on or the timeout is reached.

• Hello every body,

Before I continue, I must explain then i’m french, so I’m sorry for the fault. I speak english like a cow!

I choose fog because for my school, i must give a project for my undergraduate degree

So,I’ve got the same problem. When I want to deploy with multicasting, I have a blue screen with the message, “please wait”.

Exactly, i’m trying to deploy 2 machines with multicast process

My configuration:

Every machines are virtual box machines on the same computer.

Server: virtual box, ubuntu 12.04 LTS with fog 0.32 with bridge network
    Customer: virtual box, bridge network

Anybody have a idea?

• the O.S is Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS Server 64 bits
    Fog 0.32

• Sorry I forgot something

I also have an USB external HDD 300Go in which I would like to store all the images create by Fog

All unicast and multicast use that HDD to clone the image to client’s computers

Thank you

• Hello chad-bisd
    I have a basic PC on which I installed and setup Fog Server

Pentium 4
    RAM 1Go
    HDD 80Go
    Network :
    Fog installation is very basic
    Fog installation = Normal
    DHCP Server = Using FOG DHCP by default
    All the clients get thier IP from Fog DHCP Server

I can unicast (upload or deploy to a single machine), when using Multicast method, I have a blue screen with ''Please Wait" message and nothing happens

Please, any suggestion or solutions are welcome

Do I need to change the fog user , storage groups and storage nodes ? Or just leave them by default ?

If I change it, do I need to change user name and password as well in

/opt/fog/service/etc/config.php
    /var/www/fog/commons/config.php

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a solution

Thank you

Please provide info on your network setup you are using for this operation?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.