More specificity in creating image partition types.

• I’d like to be able to have fog specifically image 1 partition alone leaving other intact.

[B]I’m asking for:[/B]
    Classroom PC, 500GB HDD
    50 GB windows system
    450GB partition I want fog to leave alone. Don’t format it, but don’t capture it too.

[B]Possible Method:[/B]
    Perhaps you could do this with a step between sysprep the image and uploading it. Boot the pxe menu, use a register like tool but to add the partition table to fogs database where I can then choose that image type action on a specific partition. eg, Single Partition (NTFS ONLY, [U]Not [/U]re-sizable) for disk 1 partition 1, No Action for disk 1 partition 2, Tick maintain partition table.

[B]Why on earth?:[/B]
    I wanted to investigate some other storage methods we need a large about of space for but not much availability. Archives perhaps. I wonder if I could make a 450GB trueCrypt partition on say, 90 machines and tie them all together as a storage cluster with NFS or something similar. That’s 40.5TB total I could divvy up for redundancy and use for archive storage. But I can’t if when a machine goes down fog will whack the other partition on image.

I believe someone on the forums has modifications to FOG to allow you to manage which partitions are uploaded and deployed.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.