SOLVED Reattempting to update database failed
My server : Debian 9
Fog 1.4.4 6077
Recently installed server.
When capturing a folder is created
after the capture, i have this message :
Reattempting to update Failed Error returned type 2
ligne 463 ftp_login() : login incorrect host 10.130 …
user name fog
The station reboote and it starts again without ever ending
I do not know what to do.
Sorry for my english.
Everything is working.
Thank you very much.
How to mark that the subject is solved ?
I will test tomorrow because I’m not in my office.
@techno-clarensac Yes, you may NOT use the linux user
fogfor system administration. Please create another user such as
fogadminfor system administration.
To fix your install please do the following:
- Review the hidden file /opt/fog/.fogsettings
- Search of a line that has
password=The text after the equals is what FOG thinks the password should be.
- Reset the linux password to the password identified in step 2.
- Go into the FOG Web GUI and into the FOG Settings and expand all entries, search for password there. Confirm that the password there is inline with the value you collected in step 2.
- Still in the Web GUI go into the storage node configuration for this server and confirm the password there also matches what you collected in step 2.
- Back in the linux console of the fog server, rerun the FOG installer to clean up the remaining bits and to resync the passwords.
From there FOG should be happy.
For the session debian my login is : fog and password : password
For the interface for my login is : for and password : password
what should I change ?
OK what we usually see here is someone has change the linux user
fog's password. This is not the default web gui administrator
fog. I’m talking about the linux service account named
fogcreated by the FOG installer. If you have changed this linux account, no joy for you. There is a way to fix, but first lets find out what was changed.