Defaul OU

• Hey y’all,

I want to try to change the default OU that computers join after imaging, but I can’t find a sample of what form the text needs to be in, in the box labeled AD_DEFAULT_OU in the FOG setup.

Do I use Active Directory notation such as OU=Sample,DC=domain,DC=com?

-=Lon=-

• @chad-bisd, post: 7830, member: 18 said:

Are able to join computers to the domain and into the default “computers” container? If so, did you make sure the user account has been delegated rights to add/remove/manage computer accounts in the PISD Computers container?

I think you can put the OU in double quotes or escaped double quotes, such as “OU=PISD Computers”,DC=pisd,DC=us OR “OU=PISD Computers,DC=pisd,DC=us”

Yes, FOG has been working fine for a while now, I was just changing the default OU for it to add new computers. FOG server would not save and text in that field that contained quotation marks, so I was thinking of trying \OU=PISD Computers,DC=pisd,DC=us and see what happens.

Are able to join computers to the domain and into the default “computers” container? If so, did you make sure the user account has been delegated rights to add/remove/manage computer accounts in the PISD Computers container?

I think you can put the OU in double quotes or escaped double quotes, such as “OU=PISD Computers”,DC=pisd,DC=us OR “OU=PISD Computers,DC=pisd,DC=us”

• Did not work, but I supposed that could be related to the fact that the OU has a space in the name…

OU=PISD Computers,DC=pisd,DC=us

• @Lonnie Gaither, post: 5783, member: 1189 said:

Yes, I looked through all the docs I could find online and could not find any reference to it. I will have to just try it and see if it works. :)

Finally… works? :)

• @chad-bisd, post: 5781, member: 18 said:

I believe so. Try it and report back. If it doesn’t work, have you checked the wiki yet?

Yes, I looked through all the docs I could find online and could not find any reference to it. I will have to just try it and see if it works. :)

I believe so. Try it and report back. If it doesn’t work, have you checked the wiki yet?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.