FOG Image Capture Issues
So I have FOG Completely setup. I’m doing the Hosts at the moment, when I try to capture an image from the host this is what i’m getting ; and the machine continually reboots. Any ideas?
@abra4242 Can you please take a short video of the reboot cycle and post a link here so we can have a look as well?
x23piracy last edited by
wierd, one single and easy question, when you try to network boot (legacy or efi) do you see the fog menu? :D
@abra4242 Should you be able to boot and capture?
Well I can tell you that you will have a better chance than when you started today. If you can get to the iPXE menu that is the first step.
@george1421 Thanks George ; in the BIOS menu it says UEFI Bios Version, which would lead me to believe it’s UEFI and not legacy, so I put the ipxe.efi in option 67. So - I should be able to PXE boot / capture the image now?
@abra4242 We need to change a few things in your environment.
- Your computer is a thinkpad T520. That unit can have 2 personalities. This is configured in the firmware. BUT since you have windows 7 installed on that computer, its probably in BIOS (legacy mode). This is important because you need to tell it which iPXE file to load.
- DHCP Option 66 must be the IP address of your fog server. (which you have)
- DHCP Option 66 must be undionly.kpxe for BIOS (legacy) mode computers and ipxe.efi for UEFI mode computers. If you get the wrong one the FOG iPXE menu will not be displayed.
When PXE Boot is attempted, it finds everything but times out at TFTP then exits the intel boot agent.
Is happening because you have the wrong boot file set in dhcp option 67. pxelinux.0 is not used any more with fog for quite a long time.
Thanks for REplying George
- Version 1.4.4
- Target Computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad T520
- NOt sure what you mean by this as i’m trying to capture a WIndows 7 image from a Windows 7 machine " At what point does the target computer reboot? FOS [customized linux that runs on the target computer] should say something is wrong and will reboot in 1 minute if it detects an error. A clear picture of this error taken with a mobile will help diagnose the issue "
- On option 66 I have the IP address of the FOG Server and option 67 is pxelinux.0
- When PXE Boot is attempted, it finds everything but times out at TFTP then exits the intel boot agent.
@abra4242 You were able to register the machine using FOG pxe booting process without issue?
What version of fog are you using?
At what point does the target computer reboot? FOS [customized linux that runs on the target computer] should say something is wrong and will reboot in 1 minute if it detects an error. A clear picture of this error taken with a mobile will help diagnose the issue.
What is your target computer (mfg and model)?
Is your target computer in uefi mode or bios (legacy) mode?
What exactly are you sending out for dhcp options 66 and 67?
When I say the machine reboots i’m talking about the machine that i’m trying to pull the image from. Sorry if I wasn’t descriptive enough. Trying to use this as our PXE Boot / imaging software. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)