FOG image deploy is failing due to looking in wrong folder?

• Running Version 1.5.0-RC-7
    SVN Revision: 6080
    Aug 22, 2017 21:46 pm

About 2 weeks ago, due to an image uploading problem (bad sectors on hdd) we built up a new server with the above version. (thanks Tom Elliott) We discovered after the first upload that the image was uploading to a /images/dev folder for some reason. FOG configuration page shows only the /images folder, but when trying to deploy an image FOG fails with trying to find the image in the /images/dev folder. Why is this? I can’t find the offending issue. Help please?##### Server

• FOG Version:
    Client
    • Service Version:
    Description

Running Version 1.5.0-RC-7
    SVN Revision: 6080
    Aug 22, 2017 21:46 pm

About 2 weeks ago, due to an image uploading problem (bad sectors on hdd) we built up a new server with the above version. (thanks Tom Elliott) We discovered after the first upload that the image was uploading to a /images/dev folder for some reason. FOG configuration page shows only the /images folder, but when trying to deploy an image FOG fails with trying to find the image in the /images/dev folder. Why is this? I can’t find the offending issue. Help please?

• @sebastian-roth

As recommended, I did upgrade to RC-9, and yes the issue has been resolved. Thanks all! Please mark this as solved!

• Developer

So has this been reported in the bugs section? Can’t find it there. Is anyone able to replicate the issue?!

@Jim-Holcomb Please update to RC9 and see if this fixed the issue for you.

• Developer

@Jim-Holcomb Bumping this…

• @george1421 Will do!

@jim-holcomb said in FOG image deploy is failing due to looking in wrong folder?:

my “active tasks” screen only blinks the active task,

I would post that to the bugs forum so the developers can take a look at that issue once they return from their extended holiday. That sounds like a bug in the new web gui to me. If you post it there with any useful screen shots for the devs to review. That would be helpful.

• Yeah Tom dropped by for a quick second or two (I am thankful) not sure if it is a bug, but the image would not deploy via tasks at all. At Tom’s request, I tried debug deploy and it still would not fire off. However for some silly reason it worked perfectly when I launched from the FOG splash screen.

So I guess we can mark this as solved? One other quick item though, my “active tasks” screen only blinks the active task, then auto-hides the actual task for some reason. Any idea why?

@jim-holcomb Did you have some kind of back channel communication with Tom. He should be on an extended holiday and not lurking around the forums. :-)

In the case of your initial question. FOG uploads images to the /images/dev/<mac_address> directory that is by design. Then FOG will move the image to /images/<image_name> once the upload is complete.

If the images are getting stuck in /images/dev/<mac_address> that typically means you have an issue with the fog linux user user account.

• Looks like Tom pointed me in the right direction.

Users

Topics