device: /dev/sda
    unit: sectors

/dev/sda1 : start=          63, size=       80262, type=de
    /dev/sda2 : start=       81920, size=      204800, type=7, bootable
    /dev/sda3 : start=      286720, size=    57298684, type=7

-------d1.fixed_size_partitions--------

:1:2

• Developer

@roger-jsf Can you please post a screenshot of the disk managment (partition layout) of your reference system. As well, please post the content of d1.partitions, d1.minimum.partitions and d1.fixed_size_partitions (all text files!) for this image on your FOG server (find those in /images/<IMAGENAME>/…).

• Got a little more info:

Partitions are swapped. The 100 MB partition for system usage is being read as C:.

And the C:\ is now the D\ drive.

• @roger-jsf

We were having a read error also, changed to the 2nd image type and it worked but created a large file. So, we then changed it back to 1st image type and selected Partclone GZip as the Image Manager, everything worked fine for us after doing this.

• This post is deleted!

• Testers

Then I think you need to try what @sudburr suggested and wipe the drive fully before imaging.

• @Joseph-Hales Both BIOS Configurations are identical and both drives are on AHCI mode.

@Joseph-Hales said in W7 Image: Disk read Error after imaging:

have had similar issues when ahci is enabled

You may be on to something here. I remember that someone had an issue with a dell, it was in uefi mode and the drive configuration was “raid-on” In that setup it would have issues imaging. I can’t remember the exact details (I read way too many threads) but moving the firmware setting from raid-on to achi resolved that specific issue.

• Where exactly does this `Disk Read Error’ occur?

What did you create your image on?

If you created the image on a physical machine, did you zero the HDD first?

Have you zeroed the destination machine’s HDD?

Have you pushed the image onto any other hardware?

• Testers

This may be off base but are the drive settings in BIOS the same on both machines I have had similar issues when ahci is enabled on one but not the other.

• @george1421 I just updated to 1.4.2, created a new image, deployed it and still have the same problem.
    In reference to your question, the target disk is the same size as the reference disk ( in fact,both are the same make and model ).

There was a bug in FOG 1.3.5 that under certain conditions the disk would not expand correctly. That issue was fixed in 1.4.0RC1 (pre release version of 1.4.0).

If we need to get the developers involved, the first thing that will be said would be to update to the latest version and try again (1.4.2). While I don’t think this will address your issue, you might want to take that step and see.

Just for clarity the target disk is the same size or larger than your reference image data size (if I asked that correctly)?

Users

Topics