Not Joining to Domain after imaging

• Running Version 1.4.0
    SVN Revision: 6069

After deploying an image (Windows 10), the PC is not joining the domain even though I have it set to at the group and I can see the settings on the individual device as well.

I have tried the troubleshooting here: https://wiki.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/Active_Directory_-_FOG_Setting

Is gives me that netdom does not exist.

Any ideas? Any other troubleshooting I can try?

• @quinniedid There is a .msi version of the client that you could use to install the newer client with the correct address. Unsure if old client would need uninstalled first.

If you have a way to push out a PowerShell script, something like this might help.

$FOG = Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product | Where-Object -Property Name -EQ 'FOG Service'
    $FOG.Uninstall()

$url = "http://<ip address>/fog/client/download.php?newclient"
    $outfile = "FOGService.msi"
    (New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile($url, $outfile)

$ArgumentList = "/i $outfile /quiet USETRAY=""0"" WEBADDRESS=""<ip address>"" WEBROOT=""/fog"" /norestart"
    Start-Process -FilePath MSIEXEC.exe -ArgumentList $ArgumentList -Wait

Start-Service -Name FOGService
    Start-Sleep -Seconds 2
    Restart-Computer -Force

• I have figured this out. The client that is on the image is pointing to an old FOG server. Is there a way to change the settings on the machine somewhere to the new IP address? Also do I have to use an IP address or can I use an FQDN?

That article is aged, it should probably be taken down.

Look at the fog log - normally it explicitly tells you what the issue is on one of the error lines. This log is located on the target machine you’re working with usually at C:\fog.log Feel free to copy/paste it here - use the code-wrap tool if you do.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.