I am currently busy to set up a fog server in a classroom at a school as a final study project. After testing with different machines the conclusion is that it works on every client, except for the Dell optiplex 3010. After a little search we concluded that the NIC is unsupportive.
EDIT1: It gets the 0x040ee119 error which i believe it is the timeout because the network card could not be found. I have posted the image.
After 3 weeks of trial and error I am at my limit of possibilities and asking now for help.
The following systems has been used:
- Server is a dell optiplex 3010 with ubuntu Desktop.
– Fogserver 1.2.0
- clients are Dell optiplex 3010 with realtek r8168.
- Test DHCP server: Cisco 3750 with DHCP enabled and configured rules 66/67
followed instruction sets.
- Tried to add the r8168 driver into a linux kernel by adding into the /usr/src 3.13.0 kernel and changed the Kconfig and makefile. (well, it is the first try)
- Tried to add it into the new 3.17.3 kernel and make an image. I got the driver into the xconfig list, but the bzImage build was corrupted/didn’t work. I was close.
- Build a whole new server on the CentOS platform. Issue isn’t a distro, but a kernel, so that was useless)
- [url]http://fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_a_Custom_Kernel[/url] (problem is the network driver isn’t listed)
- Tried again to make an bzImage with the latest LTS driver 3.14.25. (still working on this one)
- [url]http://fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ[/url] (errr, this isn’t gonna work, server crash, won’t come back up)
Not yet done. Think this is not the issu.
I am just starting with linux and I am out of options. Does someone have any options left?