Hi, Its been many years between versions of ubuntu and fog and I have trawled through the forums but as a linux novice still, i am having trouble with installing fog0.32 onto ubuntu 13.10.
After extracting to the /opt directory, running the installfog.sh and punching in all the necessary info (no dhcp server and international language packs though) it has failed at this point (see below). Restarted and retried several times alas no luck. Any help appreciated as this has now become urgent . thanks in advance
[QUOTE] Version: 0.32 Installer/Updater
What version of Linux would you like to run the installtion for?
1) Redhat Based Linux (Fedora, CentOS)
2) Ubuntu Based Linux (Kubuntu, Edubuntu)
Starting Ubuntu Installtion.
FOG Server installation modes:
* Normal Server: (Choice N)
This is the typical installation type and
will install all FOG components for you on this
machine. Pick this option if you are unsure what to pick.
* Storage Node: (Choice S)
This install mode will only install the software required
to make this server act as a node in a storage group
What type of installation would you like to do? [N]
What is the IP address to be used by this FOG Server? [10.0.0.201]
Would you like to setup a router address for the DHCP server? [Y/n]
What is the IP address to be used for the router on the DHCP server? [10.0.0.4]
Would you like to setup a DNS address for the DHCP server and client boot image? [Y/n]
What is the IP address to be used for DNS on the DHCP server and client boot image? [127.0.1.1]
Would you like to change the default network interface from eth0?
If you are not sure, select No. [y/N]
Would you like to use the FOG server for dhcp service? [Y/n] n
DHCP will not be setup but you must setup your
current DHCP server to use FOG for pxe services.
On a Linux DHCP server you must set:
On a Windows DHCP server you must set:
option 066 & 067
This version of FOG has internationalization support, would
you like to install the additional language packs? [Y/n] n
FOG now has everything it needs to setup your server, but please
understand that this script will overwrite any setting you may
have setup for services like DHCP, apache, pxe, tftp, and NFS.
It is not recommended that you install this on a production system
as this script modifies many of your system settings.
This script should be run by the root user on Fedora, or with sudo on Ubuntu.
Here are the settings FOG will use:
Installation Type: Normal Server
Server IP Address: 10.0.0.201
DHCP router Address: 10.0.0.4
DHCP DNS Address: 127.0.1.1
Using FOG DHCP: 0
Are you sure you wish to continue (Y/N) y
Installing required packages, if this fails
make sure you have an active internet connection.
Installing package: apache2
Installing package: php5
Installing package: php5-gd
Installing package: php5-cli
Installing package: php5-mysql
Installing package: php5-curl
Installing package: mysql-server
We are about to install MySQL Server on
this server, if MySQL isn’t installed already
you will be prompted for a root password. If
you don’t leave it blank you will need to change
it in the config.php file located at:
Press enter to acknowledge this message.
Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
mysql-server is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
- Installing package: mysql-client
- Installing package: tftpd-hpa
- Installing package: tftp-hpa
- Installing package: nfs-kernel-server
- Installing package: vsftpd
- Installing package: net-tools
- Installing package: wget
- Installing package: xinetd
- Installing package: sysv-rc-conf
- Installing package: tar
- Installing package: gzip
- Installing package: build-essential
- Installing package: cpp
- Installing package: gcc
- Installing package: g++
- Installing package: m4
- Installing package: htmldoc
- Installing package: perl
- Installing package: libcrypt-passwdmd5-perl
- Installing package: lftp
- Installing package: openssh-server
- Installing package: php-gettext
- Installing package: clamav-freshclam
Confirming package installation.
- Checking package: apache2…OK
- Checking package: php5…OK
- Checking package: php5-gd…OK
- Checking package: php5-cli…OK
- Checking package: php5-mysql…OK
- Checking package: php5-curl…OK
- Checking package: mysql-server…OK
- Checking package: mysql-client…OK
- Checking package: tftpd-hpa…OK
- Checking package: tftp-hpa…OK
- Checking package: nfs-kernel-server…OK
- Checking package: vsftpd…OK
- Checking package: net-tools…OK
- Checking package: wget…OK
- Checking package: xinetd…OK
- Checking package: sysv-rc-conf…OK
- Checking package: tar…OK
- Checking package: gzip…OK
- Checking package: build-essential…OK
- Checking package: cpp…OK
- Checking package: gcc…OK
- Checking package: g++…OK
- Checking package: m4…OK
- Checking package: htmldoc…OK
- Checking package: perl…OK
- Checking package: libcrypt-passwdmd5-perl…OK
- Checking package: lftp…OK
- Checking package: openssh-server…OK
- Checking package: php-gettext…OK
- Checking package: clamav-freshclam…OK
- Setting up fog user…Exists
- Setting up and starting MySql…Failed!