So I fixed my issues with imaging the Lenovo E560 turns out even after imaging the drive has a GPT structure even though one isn’t present here are the steps I went through to fix it.
- Start Clonezilla
- Select cmd line
- Type in sudo gdisk /dev/sda
- (Press 1 to select MBR)
- Press ‘x’ and enter to reach the eXpert mode
- Now press ‘z’ to delete the gpt
- At this step be careful, you will get an option to blank out your MBR, do NOT do it. If you do you will need to install OS on the drive to rebuild MBR.
- Press Ctrl + C when ever you need to exit from gdisk.
- You will now be able to image this computer.
Some of these steps I found online can’t seem to find where but this fixed my boot problems even after imaging I had both a MBR and GPT partition even though the GPT part didn’t actually exist.