Soo … something like this ? (attached)
Is it something that runs together with node client and queries the FOG server via GET ? Or schedules its own snapins? or the FOG server calls on the client API to have the client execute snapins? I’m not quite sure how snapins fit into this.
Here is a working example (Windows only, boys) … to install a standalone node and npm … .and to start its own node client. Once the app is loaded - its really up to your imagination what you would like it to do. I suppose together with powershell it can provide a whole heap of statistics - [url]http://nodejs.org/api/os.html[/url]
Here is what I have:
I have been using this one for a long while now - it will activate MAK Office and Windows with ZERO hassle !!! (we dont have KMS)
(Just rename the file to .ps1 instead of .zip … apparently the forms don’t allow .ps1 files to be uploaded)
Edit the script where you see EDIT ME HERE to input your corporate MAK keys … make sure to match them to the right product … you can also designate the proxy (although i never been able to do that … so I whitelist microsoft instead)
For the second problem - I know there are times when fog does not really clean up the tasks in the actual database. For that, I used phpmyadmin to go into the actual database structure of fog - and clear (literally delete entries) in the “multicastSessions” and “multicastSessionsAssoc” tables … sometimes a session gets stuck in there if (for example) you had a group of 30 computers queued up, but only 29 actually came online, and it is still waiting for that last one - but you delete the task … so its left ‘unfinished’ in the database … it causes some confusion with future tasks … so i just clear that manually from time to time.
The first problem you notice with “er! host not found” can be caused by:
Permissions bro !!! The folders you have there “0023…” and “0026…” are in fact your images … the problem is that the system uploaded the images BUT did not rename the folder. Those two numbers are in fact the mac addresses of your two computers that you grabbed the images from. Can you make sure that your /images directory itself has the correct permissions ?
Now a question for the fog developers: those two folders have +777 permissions … which means world readable/writable - why is that fog is unable to rename those folders? My folders on my fog server are also +777 permissions.
Speaking of switches - I’ve noticed that the delay will also lengthen due to managed switches. We have Dell Powerconnect switches at my school … the floor switches are unamanged - (i.e. plug and go variety), some of the bigger switches are managed - which means they have a static IP address that you can change, as well as configure any sort of LAGs or VLANS. I’ve noticed that the more managed switches between the fog client and dhcp server - will dramatically increase the waiting time.
Sorry to reply so late now … the problem with the later version of FOG - as I painfully discovered - is that they have difficult time to migrate the schema. The schema said it “migrated successfully” but not in actuality.
I ended up using PHPmyadmin to manually export the hosts, change a few table names, export the mac addresses, match them up with host IDs, etc. etc. etc. … painful process, but once the correct fields were entered, the whole thing was smooth !