Fog Ping Function Version .32

• I am having problems with the ping responses from the web ui. I can ssh into the fog server, and ping the host and it is visible and everything is good there. The minute that I try to use the web ui and look at all hosts it shows up as a red dot because it can’t see them. I have done some thorough testing and the minute I disable windows firewall it goes green and everything works. The thing is that I don’t want to have to disable the windows firewall and leave my company open to attack. I was wondering if anyone knew the port exceptions I would have to add to windows firewall to make that part of it work? Or if there is a way to track which ports open or are being used for the web ui pinging part?

Thanks a bunch.

• Thank you very much for this! Now with this being said…is there anyway to enact this with Group Policy to all clients? Let me know. Thanks a bunch!

• Sure. From a cmd window on your windows clients, type one of the following to add a firewall exception.
    [CODE]to open ping from a single ip:
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=“Networking - Echo Request (ICMPv4-In)” remoteip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,Localsubnet protocol=icmpv4:8,any dir=in action=allow

for a subnet:
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=“Networking - Echo Request (ICMPv4-In)” remoteip=xxx.xxx.xxx.1-xxx.xxx.xxx.255,Localsubnet protocol=icmpv4:8,any dir=in action=allow[/CODE]

Obviously, you’ll need to replace the “xxx” 's with your numbers. Hopefully I didn’t introduce any typos there.

astrouga

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.