Systems not shutting down after upload or deploy

• I am imaging 25 computers in a lab environment. I have 2 distinctly different models of Dell Desktops. I have been doing some testing during the summer and have found a kernel that video works on. However when the machines finish either an upload or deploy of a system image, they hang in the shut down stage.

My question is, do I build my own kernel to fix this, or is it part of the init.gz file that needs modified?

I need the machines to shut down when the image process is complete.

Any help with this would be fantastic
    Thanks in advance!

• That does fix my problems, sorry it took me so long to respond with positive results. I only use fog once a semester, so sorry for the delay.

• Update:
    The dual arguments in the settings page of the Web UI seems to work just fine. I just uploaded a Image from one of my new to my Lab computers with a “nomodeset” and a “reboot=bios” arguments set on my [FONT=Ubuntu][COLOR=#333333]FOG_KERNEL_ARGS location of fog settings. [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Ubuntu][COLOR=#333333]Now I have 2 cron jobs set for later today, that I will come back and check on later.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• [quote=“afmrick, post: 8000, member: 417”]I believe it’s space separated[/quote]

OK I will try that out, I need to image a machine this week.

• I believe it’s space separated

• Went back to work to a new batch of recycled computers, setting them up has become a higher priotity. But when I am Imaging computers, I am not requesting a shutdown as this allows fog services to be able to rename my computers. Will be taking an image in the next week or so.
    Anyone know if I can add more than 1 argument to the [B]FOG_KERNEL_ARGS [/B]by seperating with commas? (arg1, arg2)

• I have had some other issues arise with my FOG server, degraded hard drive in my RAID array, so I haven’t had a chance to test this out yet. I am taking a 2 week break from work, and will test more when I get back.

• Hi, did it fix your problem with the reboot?

• [quote=“afmrick, post: 4631, member: 417”]We had a problem with some Dell Optiplex 780’s that would hand at the following message after imaging:
    [code]* Task complete, the computer will now restart
    Restarting system[/code]
    we fixed it by adding “[B]reboot=bios[/B]” as a kernel option in [B]Other Information -> FOG Settings -> General Settings -> FOG_KERNEL_ARGS[/B]
    …If that’s the same issue you are having.[/quote]

Sounds exactly like the problem I am having with my 330 and 740 OptiPlexes I will try it tomorrow when I am at work

• We had a problem with some Dell Optiplex 780’s that would hang at the following message after imaging:
    [code]* Task complete, the computer will now restart
    Restarting system[/code]
    we fixed it by adding “[B]reboot=bios[/B]” as a kernel option in [B]Other Information -> FOG Settings -> General Settings -> FOG_KERNEL_ARGS[/B]
    …If that’s the same issue you are having.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.