FOG 1.3.0 stable

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.3.0
    Client
    • Service Version:
    Description

Hello, when I install the FOG server, it does not propose to configure the mysql root password. He then asks if the password is empty.
    To secure the installation, I am obliged to do a mysql_secure_installation then to modify the files /opt/fog/.fogsettings and /var/www/fog/lib/fog/config.class.php which is not practical. The version 1.2.0 allowed to indicate a mysql password to the installation … is this a bug?

• Ok, so i install first mysql-server and so i can set a password !
    Thanks for your great job !

• Senior Developer

@JulienL Only if you’re allowing mysql access out to the main internet. Typically this is “jailed” internally to your network.

You can still set a password though and the question is asked in the installer still.

• Ok but i think it’s a security breach to let the password root mysql empty… no ?

• Senior Developer

I feel I need to clarify, the asking of the password was blank should still work. However if you are installing with the -y argument this question would not come up.

• Senior Developer

Not a bug. The installer now works the same for all OS’. in the past Ubuntu/debian asked you to enter a password, while redhat based did not. In an effort to commonize things all installs default to a blank MySQL password.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.