Help with Chocolatey

• Hi all
    is it possible to incorporate chocolatey package manager with snapin? batch file as snapin to call the chocolatey package for example “choco install adobereader” ?

I seen another post here by @apathetic_admin but didnt really specify the sample batch script. apathethicadmin, care to share? thanks!
    https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/2644/chocolatey-scripts-for-snapins

Please help

• @Avaryan Thanks matey.

I shouldve mentioned my environment on my post. Windows 10 Enterprise and I just tested with the powershell script you mentioned.

WORKED FLAWLESSLY!!!

Thanks and really really appreciated!

• I haven’t tried this, but since Chocolatey is already installed it would probably be easiest to just use a PowerShell script.

I did this on my Windows 10 PC with PowerShell 5. This is using PowerShell’s new package manager and adding the Chocolatey site as a provider.

# Adding the Chocolately repository.
    Install-PackageProvider chocolatey -Force

# Installing the adobereader package from the Chocolatey provider.
    Install-Package -Name adobereader -Provider Chocolatey -Force

Again, haven’t tested it. What you want to do should definitely be possible though.

Note: No idea what version of Windows or PowerShell you’re running. Windows 10 comes with the Package Manager and PowerShell 5. Windows 7 you can update to PowerShell 4.0 and then manually install the Package Manager. There is an MSI file somewhere on a Microsoft site about it.

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.