skip partition size check use partclone -C ?

• I copied an image from another server. Current server using fog 1.3.0 RC2. When deploying image it gets to the windows partition and fails saying the HDD is too small/image to big. The image was created on a PC with a bigger HDD but the actual data would fit fine. As in the original image HDD was say 160GB but new source is 80GB but image is much smaller. I don’t rem. expanded size but certainly under 40GB.

Is there a way to use partclone -C to skip this size check or some option I’m missing GUI wise to force the clone?

I don’t rem this being a problem before. So maybe there is something between the server versions causing a problem? Or maybe I need to create the Image in fog first before copying? Just throwing out ideas.

your help is appreciated,
    Jason

• @Tom-Elliott
    Yeah that makes since. I just rem there being an issue with the resizable option with ntfs at one time. And the fixed size worked better or was more stable. I don’t remember exactly and I’ve slept alot since then. Old habits I suppose.

Thanks.
    Jason

• Senior Developer

You should always do resizable unless there’s a reason not to.

You can’t expect a 500GB partition to fit on a 250GB partition. It will never work.

• So… I found a PC with a matching HDD size and the imaging is working. At least partclone didn’t fail.
    I also updated to rc-3 just to be sure. But results were the same with smaller HDD.

So is there an easy way to force the cloning? Is it better to do a resizable image for this problem?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.