Hard disk not found

• I’m managing about 250 computers, I recently installed FOG on a machine and got it working, Fog is working except for a bunch of Fujistu seimens Esprimo P2550, when I try to preform a full inventory and registration it tell me “hard disk not found!” I changed the hadd from AHCI to sata and stat controler mode from enhanced to compatible but still have the same message. can anyone help me ??

• I Updated the kernel by putting the bzImage in the right place /tftboo/fog/kernel when what happend with the 3.4 and the 3.3 is that it causes computer to restart when try to go for inventory.

• [quote=“astrouga, post: 3769, member: 907”]An older kernel might work. Also, I just compiled a 3.4 kernel. You could give it a try and let me know if it works or not. Click “Download this file” here:
    [url]http://www.filedropper.com/bzimage34[/url]

Also, what is the manufacturer and model of your hard drive?[/quote]

the hard disk is not the reason, I installed a hard disk from a computer model that worked with the fog. I’m pretty sure that the motherboard is the cause of this, at the same time I found no newer version of bios. I’ll try update the kernel or use an older version. many thanx

• [quote=“krow, post: 3768, member: 1206”]thanx for your answer, I felt like no one can help me for a while :). actually I have the [SIZE=13px][FONT=Ubuntu][COLOR=#333333]Kernel - 3.3.3 Core, do you think that an older kernel can work ?? i’ll also try update the bios. many thanx [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

An older kernel might work. Also, I just compiled a 3.4 kernel. You could give it a try and let me know if it works or not. Click “Download this file” here:
    [url]http://www.filedropper.com/bzimage34[/url]

Also, what is the manufacturer and model of your hard drive?

• thanx for your answer, I felt like no one can help me for a while :). actually I have the [SIZE=13px][FONT=Ubuntu][COLOR=#333333]Kernel - 3.3.3 Core, do you think that an older kernel can work ?? i’ll also try update the bios. many thanx [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• Have you tried using a different kernel for those? I think you can still see kernel options via FOG. Try: WebUI > Other Information > Kernel Updates >Published Kernels

Also, a long shot, but people often report machines work after they update the BIOS.

• I am having the same problem with Fujistu seimens Esporimo P2520 knowing that it’s corecltly working for P2510.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.