Is someone using the ldap plugin to ntlm logon at the fog webif?

• Hi,

i tried the plugin and could not get it to work without heavy debugging yet.
    So i would like to know if somebody is here who just enabled the plugin, configured it and could get it running?

Regards X23

• It works :) thank you.

• Senior Developer

@x23piracy like I said. Mobile user.

• @Tom-Elliott with one particular user iam trying i get not allowed here instead of invalid login. hmm

• @Tom-Elliott yes it’s installed

• Senior Developer

@x23piracy I don’t know. I have no idea why it’s not working. You have php-ldap installed on the system?

• @Tom-Elliott ok then it’s not working for me, which log to check why not?

• Senior Developer

@x23piracy No, it doesn’t.

See some ldap will allow the user to auto transfer.

• @Tom-Elliott if you say you modified it just moment ago, means that there was a bug with plugin that made it not working?
    Technically i understand what the plugin is doing i read the part in the wiki :)

Regards X23

• Senior Developer

I’ve modified the plugin just a moment ago.

The way the plugin works, the DN is the string to filtering (I believe). So, ou=someouyouwanttoallowaccess,dc=example,dc=com would be good, of i you if you want all ldap to access, you just place the dc=example,dc=com in the DN field.

The name (now) is the domain you’re connecting as. So if example.com is the domain, your name field would be example.com.

The address, I think pretty obvious.

The port, again obvious (389 default, 636 secure ldap) or whatever your environment is setup for.

The way the plugin ultimately works, is it just is a way to allow ldap users to login to the FOG Interface.

Once all passes, it creates a user under the fog gui. This user is created as a “mobile” user so that user will not immediately be able to sign into the gui.

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.