Fog and self encrypting hard drives

• I have imaged a Dell Optiplex 790 and am having strange issues occurring. The workstations I just found out have Seagate Momentus Self Encrypting Hard drives with 4K sector size. The boxes image fine but they have extreme night and day performance issues within the OS. I can log into one box and can happily click on apps and they open fast with no issues. I can log onto the same box a day later and it takes 20-30 seconds to open apps that took just seconds the previous day.

All drivers from Dell have been installed so I don’t think it is any kind of driver based issue at this point. I have rebuilt these from scratch now twice and am baffled. I do not have these problems on the 390’s and 6520 laptops that I fog. These however do not have these self encrypting drives. Has anyone had any experience imaging machines with this type of drive using fog? It seems to be the only x-factor that my other Dell hardware does not have.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.