Almost there. A couple of gotchas that I found when installing 1.2.0 (trunk to follow)
I used CENTOS 6.7 in a hyper-v host.
- Don’t forget to disable SELinux
- Domain 2202 errors (for me) was due to me upgrading from 0.32 - the domain password was correct but the username drops the DOMAIN portion of DOMAIN\USERNAME so basically drop the domain\ part
- Whilst the above is CORRECT for fixing 2202 errors what I didn’t do was update each host. It isn’t enough to simply change the master AD credentials - they will only affect NEW registrations. The existing registrations have one per host. We have 278 hosts and our apprentice wasn’t relishing the prospect of going into each one. What I did instead was save a configuration file, edit the SQL and copy the – Table structure for table
hosts' and -- Dumping data for tablehosts` into a new text (.SQL) file, I did a search and replace on my DOMAIN\ then reimported the SQL from command prompt (thus dropping and recreating the hosts with new AD information). Low and behold no more 2202 errors!
- Blank drives with no partition table barf partclone in 1.2.0 (apparently fixed in trunk). I created a dirty fix that DD the first 512 of the drive then added a simple label using parted partlabel. This fixed partclone for me.
- Multicast didn’t work for me until I truncated the two multicast tables (this is in the wiki).
Overall though 1.2.0 works just fine for me. Now to get trunk running…
You could also just put all hosts into a group, and update the ad information that way.