How can i speed up maging down speeds

• Hi all,

I run my fog server on an old dedicated HP microserver with 2 separate 4 TB disks in it. A dedicated network with a 1GB dedicated switch, no uplinks. 2 USB disks are plugged in to backup to, but not even mounted.10 clients only on the dedicated network, nothing else except a couple of routers.

What speeds would you expect me to get? When all 10 servers are imaging I get 98mb which makes sense, call it 100mb, 10 clients gives 1gb through put.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to speed it up? Imaging down is taking 4 hours for a 50 gb image? All the clients are then completing their images within a minute of each other.

Thanks

Julian

• Thanks Tom, it’s version1.20

• Senior Developer

First,

What version of fog are you running? Trunk has dramatically improved imaging speeds. While it may not improve much when dealing with multiples, 1:1 imaging you would most definitely see the difference.

That said, If speed is what you’re after, and you are aware of the issues proposed by using UDP casting, I think you’d see (even with 10 systems imaging at the same time) much improved speeds by using Multicast.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.