Acer AO-722 w/ AMD C-60 building a kernel

• Hi,
    I am having some issues with new netbooks I got. Acer Aspire One 722’s with the AMD C-60 APU and an Atheros AR8152/8158 NIC.

Running fog 0.32 has been great, and I downloaded the latest Kernel from the fog site to no luck. The most current Kernel will have a few errors when I pick anything that uses the bzImage (as normal) and then I get a “snowy” screen. That would make me guess VGA driver load issue.

So I followed [url]http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_a_Custom_Kernel[/url] w/ Ubuntu steps and downloaded 3.2.12. I then tried booting, I was able to actually get to into the hardware compatibility test. So that resolved the “snowy” screen issue. However, when I run it, now the NIC (how the heck did it PXE! and bzImage) and Hard Drive aren’t recognized.

From windows I have the following driver details:
    NIC: Atheros AR8152/8152 PCI-E FEC (NDIS 6.0) [I wrote NDIS 6.2, but that seems wrong]
    Hard Drive: Western Digital
    Controller: Standard AHCI 1.0 SATA

So, that hardware seems common, so now I am trying 3.3 and hope that works…but was wondering if anyone could offer some help or insight on how to get this working. It seems like I need to add drivers into the kernel. Or perhaps a difference of the two would shed light on what has changed. I don’t know if 3.2.4 > 3.2.12 vary that much and hopefully 3.3 resolves this…

• Even with the snowy screen, they still image.

• Well I downloaded Acronis Backup & Recovery Workstation 11, made Linux based boot media and that CD worked with the Acer 722…because I am facing a deadline looks like I will have to purchase that…

However, I notices its on a 2.6 kernel, but it was appened with -acronis so I am sure they heavily modded it, anyone know if I can extract that kernel and use it with FOG?

• IDE didn’t change anything with the hard drive not being recognized.

During the loading of the image, there is an error for atl1c…
    [code]
    atl1c 0000:06:00.0: Unable to allocate MSI interrupt Error: -1
    [/code]

The occurs as the first and last error, the others are all USB or HUB errors.

• Just an update 3.3 had the same exact issue. I have seen numerous posts about the Alt1c drivers being patched into the kernel around 2009, so not sure why the NIC is not being recognized.

Should I try IDE instead of AHCI for the hard drive mode in the BIOS?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.