Run FOG on an embedded NAS

• I am thinking of porting FOG to work on a cheap hackable embedded NAS like a Buffalo LinkStation. The non-profit I work for has many locations, and I think it would be great for a tech to be able to throw in a $200 NAS into a bag and be able to reimage a single computer or a lab of computers at any time, anywhere. Most of our IT staff doesn’t have linux experience, a pre-configured appliance could be cheap and easy to use. I think I’d set up the NAS to serve up DHCP, the computer(lab) would plug in directly to the NAS during imaging and get plugged back into the LAN after imaging, a simple setup.

Would this be possible? Would it be fast enough? I briefly browsed through FOG’s source code it all seems to be PHP, and I don’t think i’ll have a problem running the tftp server or mysql.

THanks!

• I just put FOG onto a netbook that dual boots Ubuntu and Win7 and have the admin people at my small offices do reimaging.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.