"Scheduled Date is in the Past" When Scheduling Jobs

• Okay, maybe this is just me being stupid, but it seems to keep happening with different machines, so here we go:

I’ve been testing the functionality of the scheduled jobs with Fog. (Using build 2031 on Ubuntu 13.10)

They aren’t working.

Yesterday, I scheduled a job to run after hours. Just scheduling it was a pain. I set it to go at 18:00 hours. I received a “Upload task failed to create for <machine name> with image <image name>. Scheduled date is in the past. Date: 2014/23/09 18:00”

So I scheduled it for 19:00 hours, and this time it worked. I noticed that there was an 18:00 hour one scheduled on “Not active, delayed”. I deleted that.
    Came in this morning, the job never ran. Now that one was set to “Not active, delayed.”

Deleted that.

Now I decide this morning I need to test this feature to see if it will work.

So, I prepare to upload an image. The machine is all prepped.

I go to schedule the job for 5 minutes from now.

I get the message again:

“Upload task failed to create for <machine name> with image <image name>.
    Scheduled date is in the past. Date: 2014/24/09 09:50”

I scheduled the job at 09:45.

I checked the linux box system time. It’s correct.
    The date is correct.
    It’s the correct time zone.

If I look at the Fog homepage, the “bandwidth-Transmit” graph appears to be showing the correct time.

Now, I tried to schedule this for different times.

It’s currently 9:58 AM.

I tried scheduling for 10:05 - I get the same error.
    10:10 – same error.
    10:30 – same error.
    11:01 – same error.

Tomorrow: It works.
    Today at 18:01 – It works.
    Today at 13:02 – error
    Today at 14:03 – It works.

I’m confused.

• Yup. That worked. Thanks, Tom!

• You’ve got to be kidding me.

Two stupid mistakes.

I edited the /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini file, never uncommented it.
    Didn’t do the /etc/php5/cli/php.ini file.

Let’s see how this works…

[quote=“Tom Elliott, post: 36977, member: 7271”]It’s likely your /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini AND/OR /etc/php5/cli/php.ini date.timezone settings.

If they’re not set, it defaults the timezone to GMT/UTC which, sounds like you’re on EDT?[/quote]

• Senior Developer

It’s likely your /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini AND/OR /etc/php5/cli/php.ini date.timezone settings.

If they’re not set, it defaults the timezone to GMT/UTC which, sounds like you’re on EDT?

• Okay. Here’s some more information.

I just uploaded the image in real time. The upload completed less than 5 minutes ago. It’s currently 11:06 AM.

When I check the Image Management page, it states that the images was uploaded today at 3:04 PM.

Something is screwy with the time somewhere.

Users

Topics