2 problems

• Hi, i am new to the FOG community and new to the FOG project. I currently moved my image management from Ghost to FOG. I have a storage node and server set up both with 3 TB HDD. Everything is working smooth across the network, however I am stuck on two issues and I hope that this community can help me solve them. I am using Ubuntu 11.10 64bit server edition.
    The first issue is that under the host management tab all users with windows 7 and the firewall turned on i have a red dot with host down. I can ping the machines (by name and IP) from the fog server. Users with Windows XP and firewall work fine (UDP port 7 allowed and ICMP allowed). Users with W7 and firewall off show up as green. I am completely stumped. Even if i create a new rule (inbound and outbound) to allow everything still host down with a red dot appears.
    The second issue is that i can not get clamav to scan. My FOG server is connected to the internet and I can get all updates with freshclam (says i have the newest version installed). But when i select virus scan from the fog menu i get the same error as another user was on here. [IMG]http://fogproject.org/forum/attachments/img_20120212_132453-jpg.41/[/IMG]

After this is goes to Can’t query current.cvd.clamav.net Invalid DNS reply. Falling back to HTTP mode. Can’t get information about database.clamav.net. Can’t download main…cvd from database.clamav.net. Trying again in 5 secs…

I am able to ping all the servers and I get a readout when I do host -t txt current.cvd.clamav.net

"current.cvd.clamav.net descriptive text “0.97.3:54:14555:1330532941:1:63:36511:167”

Thank you all in advanced for your help.

Sk00t3r

• Sorry for the double post I’m not sure what happened.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.