FogScheduler seems to have Startup Problems

• Hi,

another issue i address with 1.1.2 is that i have the feeling that the FogScheduler isn’t running well after a system Startup, i created some Scheduled test uploads and the Computers doesnt wakeup until i restarted the FOGScheduler Service after every reboot of the Fog machine.

The Strange thing is i can see that the FOGScheduler is starting while ubuntu boots, but for some kind of reason something went wrong or it crashes after a short time.

Every time i restart the Scheduler Service Planned Tasks will run immediatelly.
    Any Idea?

Regards X23

• Hi,

why isn’t the project driving your recommendations? grrr ;)
    i really want to have fog this time running well i tried a first run with 0.32 and was working hard on it but in the end it was useless for our business. This will be the second run i want fog so hardly for a nice automated backup of workstations.

Regards X23

• Senior Developer

I’d give it a show.

Basically I’m only allowing the rc.local to startup the mysql service, which is likely failing due to the similar tftpd-hpa where it’s booting before a network device is available.

I’d also recommend disabling bootup start of FOGMulticastManager FOGScheduler FOGImageReplicator as well, and have the start after the mysql is started

• Hi Tom,

should i do both changes you address on your github account?

[CODE]sudo su -
    cd /var/lib/mysql

mv ibdata1 ibdata1.bak
    mv ib_logfile0 ib_logfile0.bak
    mv ib_logfile1 ib_logfile1.bak

cp -a ibdata1.bak ibdata1
    cp -a ib_logfile0.bak ib_logfile0
    cp -a ib_logfile1.bak ib_logfile1

service mysql restart

sudo update-rc.d mysql disable[/CODE]

Edit the /etc/rc.local file before the exit 0; line add:
    [CODE]sleep 30 && start mysql[/CODE]

Regards X23

• Hi,

too bad i allready found that link to your github issues ;) i didn’t realized that this i my problem, i also have allready a link in my link list to this url :D

Thanks

Regards X23

• Senior Developer

There is a work around and a “kind of” solution for the problem.

I have a write up on my github clone on it.

I was just driving in, hence the “bad” translation.

[url]https://github.com/mastacontrola/fogproject/issues/1[/url]

• Hi Tom,

isn’t there any workaround to it? That problem sounds like a timing problem.

Regards X23

• Senior Developer

There is a known issue where my sequel has a similar start a problem to T FTP issues even in Ubuntu 13.10

Users

Topics