Preserving Data Partition D: on subsequent re-imaging

• Hi All,

My organization is mostly a Mac and Linux shop and i have built SOEs for both of those OS’s.
    We have roughly 20 odd Windows machines around the place with various hardware from various vendors
    and I have decided to finally give the windows people some love and build a SOE for them.

Now in the Linux and OSX SOE’s I have always separated the user data from the operating system and applications onto separate partitions so that the machines can be re-imaged easily without the need to backup the users data before restoring it. I was hoping to do the same with the Windows 7 clients as well.

The current partition setup on Win7 machines that have been built by hand is as so:

/dev/sda1 (100MB)
    /dev/sda2 (between 50-120GB) System C:
    /dev/sda3 (Remainder of the Disk) D:

Samba4 AD Group Policy is configuring machines to currently place the Users folder onto D:\Users\

Is it possible to have FOG only destroy the sda1 and sda2 partitions and leave the sda3 (D: Partition in tact) On re-imaging the client?

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.