Clean install having issues



  • Last issue and I’ll be out of all of your hair I promise! I’ve got a brand new VM installed with Ubuntu 14.04 and Fog 1.1.1. Here are the settings I chose when installing Fog:

    [INDENT=1]Here are the settings FOG will use:[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]Base Linux: Debian[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]Detected Linux Distribution: Ubuntu[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]Installation Type: Normal Server[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]Server IP Address: 10.6.116.243[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]DHCP router Address: [/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]DHCP DNS Address: 127.0.1.1[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]Interface: eth0[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]Using FOG DHCP: 1[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]Internationalization: 0[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=2]Donate: 0[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
    Once everything was installed I updated my database, and restarted mysql, apache2, and tftpd-hpa. Maybe it’s something, maybe it’s nothing, but upon restarting apache2 I get the message:

    [INDENT=1]Could not reliably determine the server’s fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1.[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
    I figure that’s exactly right since my DNS server is elsewhere, but I’m putting it in here just in case.

    Everything seems just peachy. I can log in to the web interface, and update my kernels, and we should be good to go, right? I boot up a machine to test, and I get the following:

    [INDENT=1]CLIENT MAC ADDR: XX XX XX XX XX XX GUID: XXXXXXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=1]CLIENT IP: 10.6.4.7 MASK: 255.255.255.128 DHCP IP: 10.6.112.80[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=1]GATEWAY IP: 10.6.4.1[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=1]TFTP.[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=1]PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.[/INDENT]
    [INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
    I have no idea what I’ve done wrong, but if someone could help me out I don’t think I have the vocabulary to describe how much I’d appreciate it.



  • So I solved the problem, and thought I’d let everyone know what it was since I’ve been on here for a couple of days now banging my head against a wall.

    As it turns out, an ambitious young would-be network technician decided to go ahead and change what switch my office is on in the MDF down the hall. That switch hasn’t been used in forever since it was so unreliable. I can’t even ssh in to it. I put my office back in the appropriate switch and everything works just like it ought to.

    As far as I can tell this has been my issue since square one, and I just wanted to come thank everyone for the help and input along the way to this Mad Hatter’s Tea Party of a solution (chaaaaaaange places!).

    Thanks again!


Log in to reply
 

353
Online

38746
Users

10569
Topics

100051
Posts

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.