Web interface problems after upgrading to 1.01
I am experiencing problems with the web interface after upgrading Fog from 0.32 to 1.01:
1/ Graphs don’t work for system activity, imaging history etc on font page - the ‘loading symbol’ does not disappear.
2/ Can’t search for host, image, group etc - the message ‘Error searching, please try again…’ appears, however every search fails with this message.
3/ Can’t switch between different sections for each host, e.g. basic tasks, Active Directory, Printers etc. The URL in the address bar changes, however the page does not reflect this and simply stays on the Edit Host page.
All the hosts, groups and images are present after the database upgrade, and I have changed the operating system on one image definition to verify that this is not what is causing issue #3 above, however issue #3 remains even for hosts which have had their image updated with the OS selection.
The operating system is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with all updates applied. This system was a fresh install of fog 0.32, and upgraded as per the upgrade instructions on the wiki.
I have not tried imaging yet, however at this stage I would like to get the basic web interface working before I go any further. Any advice on what to check would be appreciated. It is more important for us to have a working image deployment system, rather than the new features introduced with the upgrade, so if reverting to 0.32 using the database backup I took before upgrading might be the easiest solution, I am prepared to do this.
Many thanks for your time and to the development team for their efforts in developing Fog.
You don’t need to wallow or anything. It happens, thats why you ask questions.
Yep, that fixed it… hangs head in shame
Thanks for your time.
[quote=“Tom Byrne, post: 29128, member: 24485”]Thanks for the info - I never thought I’d say this, but it works in IE 11, but not Chrome 35 which is the browser I originally tried it in. Apologies for not trying this before - the situation is usually the other way around…
Thats okay, and you probably just need to clean your chrome browser cache. I primarily use Chrome as my browser and see NONE of the issues you were.
Thanks for the info - I never thought I’d say this, but it works in IE 11, but not Chrome 35 which is the browser I originally tried it in. Apologies for not trying this before - the situation is usually the other way around…