Fog 1.01 will not deploy linux image

• [quote=“Junkhacker, post: 28500, member: 21583”]this should not be a problem when you upgrade to the latest svn[/quote]

I tried the latest (I belive it was 1765) and that does exactly the same thing so I switched to 1757 and that does exactly the same thing. All done in less than 10 seconds, but nothing is actually done. I find no errors anywhere it just doesn’t do a thing as far as attempting to deploy the image and says it’s completed. Anywhere else for me to look or should I just move on to another solution that can handle multiple drives with multiple partitions? Works great for windows but I would have thought ext3 linux would have been easier.

Rick

• Developer

this should not be a problem when you upgrade to the latest svn

• [quote=“Rick Cooper, post: 28474, member: 22803”]Tried ti install svn got this when I went to update/migrated db
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]Fatal error[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]: Uncaught exception ‘UnexpectedValueException’ with message 'DirectoryIterator::__construct(/var/www/html/fog//lib/plugins/capone/hooks/) [<a href=‘directoryiterator.–construct’>directoryiterator.–construct</a>]: …[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

This was my bad. I did a git not svn. When I did use svn the version was not 1757 it was, I believe 1765. is that going to be a problem? Won’t be able to test until tomorrow (actually since it’s 1:38am later today)

Rick

• [quote=“Rick Cooper, post: 28435, member: 22803”]Is there anything special I need to watch for as was the case with 32 - 33b?[/quote]

Tried ti install svn got this when I went to update/migrated db
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]Fatal error[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]: Uncaught exception ‘UnexpectedValueException’ with message ‘DirectoryIterator::__construct(/var/www/html/fog//lib/plugins/capone/hooks/) [<a href=‘directoryiterator.–construct’>directoryiterator.–construct</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory’ in /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/HookManager.class.php:180 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/HookManager.class.php(180): DirectoryIterator->__construct(’/var/www/html/f…’) #1 /var/www/html/fog/commons/init.php(221): HookManager->load() #2 /var/www/html/fog/commons/base.inc.php(6): require(’/var/www/html/f…’) #3 /var/www/html/fog/commons/schemaupdater/index.php(3): require_once(’/var/www/html/f…’) #4 {main} thrown in[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]/var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/HookManager.class.php[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] on line [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]180[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

• [quote=“Rick Cooper, post: 28397, member: 22803”]Have three new servers to deploy. Built a reference server and imaged that one to fog. They are all identical, 7 drives on 3ware raid controller all seven are single disk of 3 different sizes. Six are sata and one is SAS.
    All six of seven have linux partition and 2gb swap while the seventh is linux + 4gb swap and the image appears to have been saved correctly. When I attempt to deploy to another server (no OS at all on any disk all brand new) it goes through the following
    :

Send method NFS
    send inventory done
    checking in done
    mounting files system done
    checking mounted file system done
    starting image push
    using image New Servers
    checking hard disks done
    restore linux swap partitions
    changing host name done
    updating computer database done
    database updated
    task completed

Nothing at all is actually done the whole thing takes a few seconds (had to do debug deploy to copy info down). I know it’s working over all because I deployed a WIN7 image to three computers just 30 min before attempting to deploy the linux image. What am I missing? To deploy a linux (Centos 5.10) image to I first have to partition and format the drives?

Rick[/quote]

Is there anything special I need to watch for as was the case with 32 - 33b?

• Senior Developer

Try 1.1.0 SVN 1757 for linux deployments as 1.0.1 and prior did not have logical partition support.

• [quote=“Junkhacker, post: 28401, member: 21583”]run a Client System Information (compatibility) test from the boot menu[/quote]

Sorry should have mentioned I did that before the debug deploy
    All seven disks had the following Error unrecognized disk label (but I assumed that is because there is no OS)
    Results
    This computer appears to be compatible with fog
    Network pass
    disk pass

• Developer

run a Client System Information (compatibility) test from the boot menu

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.