FOG 0.33b not boot a 64 bit machine

• Hi,
    Can not find 64-bit machine the DHCP server, but find 32-bit machine the DHCP server. Therefore, in 64-bit machine fails PXE boot.

What am I doing wrong?
    [ATTACH]657[/ATTACH]

I using rev. 1452.
    Thank you and best regards.

[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/657_SAM_1977.JPG?:"]SAM_1977.JPG[/url]

• Many many thanks, I used now rev. 1455 and 64bit access it´s successful!

I must learn Linux basics …

• group:cid:13:privileges:mods:members

Oma, the best way to get the updated kernel is to download it from here and move it to the correct folder:

[url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeghost/files/Kernels/Kernel-3.8.8.core/[/url]

or

[url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeghost/files/Kernels/Kernel-3.14.0.TomElliott/[/url]

• Senior Developer

Oma,

I believe the group you need is www-data.

I’m sorry that I don’t know that, but I also work on other things and can’t handhold everybody for everything. Some things can be found out by yourself. We aren’t a linux class to help everybody learn all the fundamentals about their systems.

I know this sounds mean, but everything you’ve asked, seems to me, is very basic information. While I don’t mind helping with leading you in the right direction, I can’t be expected to know everything about everybody’s systems.

Understand that what you’re changing is the permissions of the /var/www/fog/service/ipxe so they’re owned by the user fog and the group www-data (I don’t know if this is correct) www-data should be the user Ubuntu uses for web services.

• I trying this into ubuntu 12.04 unsuccessful:

guenter@FOG-Server:~$ sudo chown -R fog.wwwdata /var/www/fog/service/ipxe
    [sudo] password for guenter:
    chown: ungültiger Benutzer: »fog.wwwdata“
    guenter@FOG-Server:~$

Any hints?

• Senior Developer

Make sure the folder is set with the correct permissions:
    For DEBIAN BASED OS try:
    [code]sudo chown -R fog.wwwdata /var/www/fog/service/ipxe[/code]

For REDHAT BASED OS try:
    [code]sudo chown -R fog.apache /var/www/html/fog/service/ipxe[/code]

Then try downloading the file again. That being said, this is not a major issue. You can also see the link within my signature to get, basically, the same effect.

Thank you,

• [ATTACH]659[/ATTACH] FOG Configuration -> Kernel Update -> Unofficial Kernels -> Kernel 3.14.0 -> Download — Error; please see SAM_1978.jpg.

Please help.

Thank you.

Edit:

FOG Configuration -> Kernel Update -> Published Kernels -> Kernel 3.8.8 Core -> Download — please see SAM1979.jpg (staying since 25 minutes — Cursor goes round and round and round ----)

[ATTACH]660[/ATTACH]

[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/659_SAM_1978.JPG?:"]SAM_1978.JPG[/url][url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/660_SAM_1979.JPG?:"]SAM_1979.JPG[/url]

• This post is deleted!

• Yes, that’s right.
    A 32 bit system get’s an IP, but your 64 bit systems don’t.

• Senior Developer

I don’t understand the question.

It sounds like you’re saying a 32 bit system get’s an IP, but your 64 bit systems don’t?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.