Hostname won't change on my XP machines

• Hello,
    I’m sure that there’s an answer for this somewhere on here but I haven’t been able to find it. But, I’ve been using FOG for over a month and absolutely love it, work in a school district and we are imaging close to 5000 machines. Anyways it’s working great with my Windows 7 machines, but on my XP machines I can’t get the hostname to change. I’ve syspreped the machine, created my answer file (named the computer some junk, knowing FOG would change it afterwards) but there must be a step I’m missing as far as prepping the XP machines opposed to the Windows 7 machines.
    Thanks

• [quote=“jmercer0530, post: 13057, member: 8098”]Hello,
    I’m sure that there’s an answer for this somewhere on here but I haven’t been able to find it. But, I’ve been using FOG for over a month and absolutely love it, work in a school district and we are imaging close to 5000 machines. Anyways it’s working great with my Windows 7 machines, but on my XP machines I can’t get the hostname to change. I’ve syspreped the machine, created my answer file (named the computer some junk, knowing FOG would change it afterwards) but there must be a step I’m missing as far as prepping the XP machines opposed to the Windows 7 machines.
    Thanks[/quote]
    Actually upon deploying my images on the windows 7 machines it isn’t renaming as well! It was working fine the other day it would start up, then almost immediately reboot and update the hostname. Now it doesn’t reboot, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client, I have stopped and restarted the service, I’m lost! I’m a total newbie to Fog/Linux, but I love the capabilities of the Server.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.