Getting error /images/dev/macaddress to /images/name-of-image. Nothing I do will get it working.

• I am trying to create an image of a Dell Optiplex 3010. I keep getting the error [I][FONT=sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]/images/dev/macaddress to /images/name-of-image [/COLOR][/FONT][/I]on the client.

On the Ubuntu server I have ran sudo chown -R fog.root /images. The owner of the image folder changes to fog but every time I try to create a image the file it creates does not have read/write permissions for the fog user. I run the chown command again to change the permissions but that hasn’t helped.

The client is Windows 7. I am creating a multiple partitions/single disk image. I have tried changing it to multiple partitions/all disks and that didn’t help. I have uninstalled and re-installed FOG and that hasn’t help either.

I’m at my wits end with this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Hi!

Did you ever get this sorted out? I am having the same problem and none of the tricks seem to work. Running on Ubuntu 12.04 server.

• No, I could never get that computer to work. I have others of that model that work but that one did not. The only thing I can think of is that it has boot mode. Make sure it’s set to legacy boot. I may have built the OS in UEFI Boot Mode.

• Did you find a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.