Login to delete image not passing correct username.
-
I can login with my admin account that is fm-fogadmin.
When I go to delete an image it asks me to input my login information. I then get an error message stating it can’t delete the image and references the login username “fogproject” and not the username supplied.

-
@mmaus The GUI is different from the FTP user that runs things.
So the user you’re seeing is correct in both cases.
Your storage node username is fogproject, and the password it’s using to authenticate to that machine is not working.
-
T Tom Elliott moved this topic from Bug Reports
-
@Tom-Elliott said in Login to delete image not passing correct username.:
erent from the
I have not changed this account on this…all I did was update to the latest version. Is there somewhere you can point me to where this can be updated properly?
I tried to follow the instructions listed here, but this did not resolve the issue.
https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/11203/resyncing-fog-s-service-account-passwordI also looked inside the fogftp.class.php file but this looks like it probably pulls its data from the config.class.php file.
I was able to ftp into the server using the credentials that are listed in the config files on the server and what is stored in the TFTP section in the GUI and the folder permissions on the ipxe folder appear to be correct as well. I have rebooted to see if there was cached information set somewhere, but not luck.

-
@mmaus I don’t know what version of FOG you’re running, but you may want to try the RC or even the current dev-branch? I don’t know why this isn’t working for you, just that it isn’t and without knowing the version or any other information it is a bit more difficult.
I’m assuming you’re running 2482? I don’t know though.
-
@Tom-Elliott said in Login to delete image not passing correct username.:
@mmaus I don’t know what version of FOG you’re running, but you may want to try the RC or even the current dev-branch? I don’t know why this isn’t working for you, just that it isn’t and without knowing the version or any other information it is a bit more difficult.
I’m assuming you’re running 2482? I don’t know though.
Yes I am running 2482

-
@mmaus Would you mind updating to the latest RC or even the working-1.6 branch, if that’s too much a leap, what about upgrading to dev-branch? (It will become stable on Sunday if I recall the timing correctly.) See if we already fixed the problem you’re seeing?