When attempting to push image to server, receiving an error message

• The pulling of the image works fine.

When I go to PXE boot to the client, It attempts to PXE and then I get an error of ‘No Operating System currently install on this computer.’

These machines are Dell 510. Do machines need at least a base OS on it for this to work? The servers have Windows 2008 R2 installed, but I haven’t taken it through the initial set up. Do I need to do that in order for the image to work?

UPDATE: I got it to attempt to image, but now it tells me that the partition table is invalid. I am doing a single partition, non-re-sizable.

Thanks!

• Nice, looks like it’s pushing the image back. I got a little worried there for a minute. Right before it started, it said something about an invalid command, but it went away quick and started to work.

• I got it to go passed that error now. I am not sure what caused it. I am now working on this invalid partition table message. I’ve searched the forum and I am trying some of the things people have done to fix it now.

• My experience is that you should be able to deploy a Fog image on a blank drive. Based on what you wrote, it makes me wonder if the machine is PXE booting. At what point do you see the above?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.