Master, Storage nodes, and clients for gigantic network. Trying to design - need sanity check?

• @george1421

@george1421 said in Master, Storage nodes, and clients for gigantic network. Trying to design - need sanity check?:

@p4cm4n So some questions.

Do you need to manage these target computers with FOG once they are deployed? Like deploying snapins or such?

– Yes. Specifically AD joining and maintenance. This will also probably replace/begin use as an imaging solution.

Do you need to be able to remotely deploy an image to the computers or will this imaging need to be done under the control of an IT Tech?

–Mostly under the control of a tech. But the workflow so far has been to deploy an image. This may change if I’m able to en-masse register the hosts.

What target OS will you deploy?

–Win10, 21H2 Ent/Pro

At the sites with 10 or less computers, assuming you have enough bandwidth, will you send an IT tech to the site to image the computers or will you deputize an existing site person to image the computers?

–Probably an existing person, which I think I have mastered the image workflow for this purpose. It can’t be dumbed down any further. However, I have remote control of DHCP at least.

What is your computer naming convention? Can it be calculated?

–Naming convention cannot be automatically populated. I wish - however these machines are asset tagged, non-sequentially.

@p4cm4n So some questions.

Do you need to manage these target computers with FOG once they are deployed? Like deploying snapins or such?

Do you need to be able to remotely deploy an image to the computers or will this imaging need to be done under the control of an IT Tech?

What target OS will you deploy?

At the sites with 10 or less computers, assuming you have enough bandwidth, will you send an IT tech to the site to image the computers or will you deputize an existing site person to image the computers?

What is your computer naming convention? Can it be calculated?

Users

Topics