@sebastian-roth said in BTRFS postdownloadscript:

Are you sure about the partition numbers? While I am fairly sure this will work it’s kind of an unusual setup to have SWAP first - at least in most distros.

Unless you do some tricky business with the uefi boot manager almost always the EFI partition is expected to be in disk 0 partition 0. You can intentionally make the below partition format work but you need to tweak the uefi manager to look at the second partition since the disk image would not be very portable in this state.

@mstabrin If you schedule another deployment but tick the debug checkbox before you hit the schedule deployment button.

PXE boot the target computer, after a few screens of text you will be dropped to the FOS Linux command prompt on the target computer. Next key in fog to start the imaging process. The script will pause at each pauseDebug step in the process. You will need to hit enter to continue to the next step. You can exit out of the script at any time by pressing Ctrl-C. The imaging logs will be in /var/logs. If you want to restart the imaging process without rebooting you can just key in fog again and the imaging process will restart. We use this technique when debugging postinit and postdownload scripts.

• Senior Developer

@mstabrin Although I am not sure exactly I don’t remember anyone working on or asking about this feature.

But if you are keen and help to work on this we might be able to add it.

First we’d need to find a way to figure out how small of a size we can shrink the BTRFS filesystem to. Just found that this was added to btrfs-progs in 2015. So please see on your system if you can get that information via btrfs filesystem resize [devid:]get_min_size command. If yes then I’d ask you to boot it up into a FOG debug capture task and try as well - just to make sure the btrfs-progs we use can handle it as well. By the way, which version of FOG do you use?

sda 2 - 500 MB EFI
    sda 3 - 44.5 GB btrfs
    sda 1 - 5 GB swap

Are you sure about the partition numbers? While I am fairly sure this will work it’s kind of an unusual setup to have SWAP first - at least in most distros.

Aber the boot up message, try: journalctl -b

• Hello @george1421 ,
    Thank you for answering me 🙂

When I move the Image Type to
    Multiple Partition Image - Single Disk (Not resizable) - (2)

The imaging is starting and I am also able to successfully deploy the image to another machine…

I have the following partition setup:

sda 2 - 500 MB EFI
    sda 3 - 44.5 GB btrfs
    sda 1 - 5 GB swap

I just saw an error message appear in the (very fast) scrollthrough of the imaging process.

Populating /dev using udev: udevd[3160]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/${exec_prefix}/bin/udevadm' '${exec_prefix}/bin/udevadm trigger -s block -p ID_BTRFS_READY=0': No such file or directory.

Is there a way to have a look at the complete log?
    It is scrolling very very fast :S

@mstabrin I can tell you that both partclone and FOS Linux (the OS that runs on the target computer to capture and deploy images) supports btrfs. What I see is a conflict here with the error message. The error message is dealing with partitions and not the filesystem on the partition.

Does FOG image correctly with specifically single disk non-resizable?

FWIW this is the file systems that partclone supports

ext2
    ext3
    ext4
    fat12
    fat16
    fat32
    hfs+
    hfsplus
    ntfsreloc
    vfat
    extfs