Ubuntu Server 19.10, Failed to stop web service

• @Skeer said in Ubuntu Server 19.10, Failed to stop web service:

Thanks Guys! I’ll def be giving 1.6 a try. This is a new test server and has nothing else on it… if I need to nuke it to start over so be it.

So the dev-branch installed like a champ, I can pull up and login to the web gui. Except some process must not be running, nmap shows no port 69 listening.
    Test clients fail to pxt boot claiming a tftp timeout.

• Thanks Guys! I’ll def be giving 1.6 a try. This is a new test server and has nothing else on it… if I need to nuke it to start over so be it.

• Senior Developer

@Skeer Welcome to the forums! The latest official FOG release came out before Ubuntu 19.10 was even released and so it’s got a bit of an issue. We have been working a lot on the next release 1.5.8 that will come out soon. If you don’t want to wait you can also use one of the development versions as mentioned by Fog_Newb. Though I might add to this that there are two different ones:

• dev-branch is where we work on right now to be released as 1.5.8 soon
    • working-1.6 is the dev version of what we also work on to come out as FOG 1.6 some time in the future (no date yet).

You are welcome to try out one or the other but be aware the 1.6 dev version is under heavy development and there is no easy way back to the 1.5.x versions as of now.

fogadmin@ssi-fog:~/git/fogproject/bin$ sudo ./installfog.sh

We don’t recommend running the installer using sudo anymore. I have just updated information on the website. While it works in most cases we have seen things going wrong that way as well. Better use:

sudo -i
    cd fogproject..../bin
    ./installfog.sh

• You have to use FOG version 1.6.

https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/14153/fog-version-1-6-on-ubuntu-19-10-so-close/2?_=1581723908061

I was able to get it working on 19.10 to where I could log into the web admin but bit was unusable. Navigating the web interface was not possible.

Users

Topics