Slow image upload - /hung_task_timeout

• Hey all,

I’ve been having a heck of a time trying to figure out why I’m getting the attached error. I haven’t changed anything with my set up and all of a sudden, the upload is slowing to a crawl and I’m getting a “hung_task_timeout” error message.

The hard FOG server has plenty of space (~125GB free) and no issues on the network that I can see. I should note I’m doing this through a VM but it’s worked like a charm before with images uploading in less than 3 minutes.

Yesterday, I did change the multicast addresses as my multicast wasn’t working. Could this be an issue? I’m on an 8 port gig switch so I don’t think it’s network related.

I’m going to try deploying an image now to see if there are problems on that end.

– edit:

so I started a multicast and it went fine without any hiccups. I even unregistered the host machine with the issue uploading, re-registered but still see the same problem. I’m kinda stumped here, not sure what I can check to see why I’m having this problem.

– 2nd edit:

I pushed an image from a freshly imaged machine and that did the same thing, started freezing up around 2%. Why would it be able to deploy just fine but have issues uploading?

[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/194_Capture.PNG?:"]Capture.PNG[/url]

• Well, I went ahead and moved my server to another machine. Reinstalled with ubuntu 12.04, started clean and it looks like everything’s working again.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find the root of the problem but it appears I’m back up and running.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.