Failing to Update Database after capture of image is complete on the client

• Hello Everyone,

I am get a Updating Database … FAILED error message when trying to run a capture task on a client. The image is being captured successfully.

I am running FOG version 1.5.6 with CentOS 7. Currently, I have the firewalld stopped and disabled and selinux disabled.

I have tried the following using the troubleshooting article on the wiki:

1. Ensure /images has the appropriate permissions
    2. Ensure the storage management, tftp server and local fogproject user have the same password
    3. Verified the filesystem where /images resides is not ext3
    4. Tried the capture task with a managed and unmanaged switch as well

I am going through a process of elimination at this point and any help would be much appreciated.

• Developer

@tgidwani Seems like you run into some kind of issue where the “Update Database” returns with a “Service U available” from the FOG web server. On retry it fails because the update seems to have happened despite the unavailable error. So now it can’t update anymore and keeps failing.

We need to figure out why you get the unavailable in the first place. How many machines with the fog-client sotfware do you have installed?

Please take a look at the apache error log. See my signature on where to find that log.

• @george1421 Here are the screenshots of the entire process that my client goes though once a capture task has been scheduled:

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2
    Screenshot 3
    Screenshot 4
    Screenshot 5
    Screenshot 6

No, I do not see any error message (before the failed to update database) that mentions anything about ftp_put.

Yes, those passwords match the password stored in /opt/fog/.fogsettings

Could you provide a clear screen shot of the error page taken with a mobile phone?

Does the error message (before the failed to update database) mention anything about ftp_put?

Ensure the storage management, tftp server and local fogproject user have the same password

Does this password match the password stored in /opt/fog/.fogsettings file?

Users

Topics