Windows 7 OEM Guide

• I have just finished working up a Windows 7 OEM image that works seamlessly on 4 different models of HP. I was just wondering how many people would be interested in me writing up a guide on how to do this with auto activation so that they can upload to FOG.

I have figured out how to inject drivers, install HP only software that is needed for all hardware to work (Snap-ins). I have also gotten it to skip past all the machine naming and network setup. I would be willing to put it all down with pics and maybe video if anyone is interested. I tried finding a complete guide for this but was unable to find one on here and had to piece together parts from other guides to get mine to work flawlessly.

• [quote=“danuel, post: 9573, member: 628”][url]http://fogproject.org/forum/threads/windows-7-deployment-fog-sad2-driver-tool.380/[/url][/quote]

danuel, that guide is where I got some of the information but it is an incomplete guide. Also There is the SAD2 part which bloats the install to way to big a size for storing and transferring over a WAN or even a LAN at some points. That is why I wrote this one.

• I forgot to add the section on the unattended setup, I will try to get that added and reuploaded today.

• Here is the guide. I kinda rushed through it as I am on the road but i will fix it as people point out my mistakes. As always, ask questions and PM me if you don’t understand anything, Ill do my best to answer as quickly as i can.

On another nite I just deployed my Windows 7 Image out to 100 machines in my Ohio office and not a single error was found. all machines came up and renamed themselves and added themselves to the domain without errors. Keep in mind i populated the machines before i imaged them so I could modify the OUs that the machines sit in.

[url]https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B07f_2C6pdt8cnBjNWM1V0xlOGc[/url]

• Just an update almost done with the Walk-through, just adding pics to the document now. Should only be a few more days.

• Yes please, the windows OEM (volume key) and the licensing thing is what’s holding me back right now.

• [quote=“Psycholiquid71, post: 9196, member: 2717”]I have just finished working up a Windows 7 OEM image that works seamlessly on 4 different models of HP. I was just wondering how many people would be interested in me writing up a guide on how to do this with auto activation so that they can upload to FOG.

I have figured out how to inject drivers, install HP only software that is needed for all hardware to work (Snap-ins). I have also gotten it to skip past all the machine naming and network setup. I would be willing to put it all down with pics and maybe video if anyone is interested. I tried finding a complete guide for this but was unable to find one on here and had to piece together parts from other guides to get mine to work flawlessly.[/quote]

As I am new to FOG, and even NEWER to linux, I would definitely appreciate such a tut, even if only a pdf without pics would be helpful.

Thanks.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.